It’s critical for local and worldwide companies, but it’s particularly critical for those with physical sites to have an online presence.
The idea that a local company should spend time creating their internet presence may seem a little paradoxical until you realize that this is where their consumers are making purchasing choices.
The appropriate emphasis and tools may significantly influence local SEO for businesses.
It’s possible to locate new directory listing chances using an automated listings finder in conjunction with these local SEO tools to manage your local SEO listings (and ensure consistency across all existing listings).
- It is automatically updating all listings information with a single mouse click.
- Businesses may be notified of new reviews using a review management system. Tools that allow you to respond to customer reviews from your user interface are also available.
- Analytics tools.
- For example, ReviewTrackers focuses on review administration, while others provide an all-in-one solution (such as Slack).
SEO solutions like Moz and SEMrush have included listings management as an optional element to their all-in-one SEO tools.
Ultimately, the tools you choose for local SEO are determined by your specific requirements.
In addition to various all-in-one local SEO solutions, the following are the finest choices for each of the listings above management features.
Tools for Managing Local SEO and Listings
As a web design company, Whitespark has evolved into an SEO software company specializing in helping companies with local search marketing.
- Whitespark’s most popular feature is the Citation Finder. Its ability to identify the citation possibilities that your business is missing may help you enhance your local search results.
The tool is free to use for 3 searches per day and restricted search results, ideal for individuals who are just beginning to experiment with the tool. Paid memberships start at $17/month for 20 searches per day and unlimited search results as of the release of this ebook.
Whitespark’s other important local SEO tools are:
- Local rank tracker analyses your overall SEO performance based on your particular geographical settings. There is a ranking tracker similar to Ahrefs’ Rank Tracker, which shows how you rank versus the competition and how you rank in various categories of results on the most prominent search engines. Because of its emphasis on technical metrics (such as highlighted snippets and site connections), Ahrefs is more general in its approach. Whitespark, on the other hand, is more business-oriented and lets you keep tabs on your social media activities (Ahrefs only allows you to track tweets).
- Customers might be encouraged to leave a review of your business on the review sites of their choosing by sending them an email or sending them a text message (Whitespark supports over 45 online review websites). NPS (Net Promoter Score) is a business metric that measures how satisfied your clients are with the service or product you’ve provided them.
- It’s important to keep an eye out for poor reviews so that you can respond quickly.
Products and services offered by Yext may assist your company in enhancing its local SEO. You can be certain that your company’s data and information are constantly up to date with Yext’s integrations with hundreds of directories.
- Freelancers that specialize in working with businesses
Everything you need to know about dealing with freelancers on Fiverr Business.
Popular local search engine optimization (SEO) resources from Yext:
- Knowledge Manager: A single source of answers to frequent queries about your company, such as your personnel, store hours, locations, and promotions. Some of this data is generated automatically, while others must be manually entered.
- Update listings easily with Yext Pages and rest certain that the data you supply is correct. It’s possible to provide consumers additional background information about your brand by integrating Yext Pages with the Knowledge Manager.
- Search engines and digital platforms such as Facebook and Yelp can no longer regulate the information you submit about your company, thanks to the Yext Listings service. Scheduled and real-time updates, statistics, listing improvement recommendations, and interfaces with other tools are all possible with this functionality. Zapier, HubSpot, and Zendesk are just a few of the integrations available in the Yext App Directory.
- Your clients may leave reviews on your website with the help of Yext Reviews. PowerListings Network reviews may also be monitored and responded to with ease, thanks to this feature.
Additional services and solutions provided by Yext are listed below:
- Insights, activities and data are gathered and analyzed for easy reporting.
- Detection of duplication.
- To keep facts consistent, data must be cleansed.
- Management of Google My Business and Listings.
3. The ReviewTrackers
With the help of ReviewTrackers, customers can keep track of their reviews across many review sites and get notifications when new reviews are posted.
Using ReviewTrackers, you may collect consumer input, monitor reviews from numerous sources (e.g., TripAdvisor, Google), and measure location performance.
Subaru, Midas, and American Family Insurance are just a few companies that utilize ReviewTrackers.
Plans for a single site start at $59 per month at publishing, while plans for several locations range from $10 to $50 per month.
4.The local search engine Moz
The most popular local SEO tool on this list is Moz Local. After a decade in business and pioneering the SEO software industry, you may put your faith in their data and methods.
For both small and large enterprises, Moz Local ensures the accuracy and consistency of online listings, which improves the visibility of a business’s website. Just create a listing once, and Moz will take care of the rest of the process.
There are several ways Moz may help your company be found on the internet. You don’t have to go into each directory one by one to make a change if you ever need to; you can just go back into Moz Local and make the change there.
With the help of Moz Local, you’ll get alerted when your business receives reviews on the most popular platforms so that you may respond in a timely way. Moz Local integrates with Google My Business and gives you the ability to reply immediately to reviews left on the search engine’s website.
Along with tools that help your business stand out in local search, Moz also provides location-specific reports that let you keep tabs on your progress and identify the most important interactions your listings have had with your customers.
Pricing for Moz Local begins at $99 a year at writing; however, this price does not include access to any of Moz’s other well-known SEO software products.
All-in-one software package Synup is specifically designed to aid local search engine optimization (SEO). You can keep track of your listings, analyze your data, and generate reports with this all-in-one solution.
Synup, on the other hand, allows for limitless listings updates and alerts you to new reviews as soon as they are posted. Synup crawls over 200 search engines and directories to find irregularities.
For the first 25 sites, Synup costs $30 per location; the price drops as the number of locations grows.
Checklist No. 6: Local SEO
Because none of these tools can correct your website’s obvious technical local SEO faults, we created the Local SEO Checklist.
With the help of Synup’s Local SEO Checklist, you can learn how to make your site more visible to local searchers.
Use this website in addition to the checklist to
- Verify whether your Google My Business listing complies with Google’s rules.
- It’s important to ensure that your website has the correct schema markup for content.
- Use the free scanning tool to see how your company looks on 48 different websites.
Local SEO checklists are available from the Search Engine Journal.
7. SEMrush (Search Engine Marketing Research)
SEMrush is a well-liked SEO and searches analytics software application with eBay, HP, and Quora.
In addition to website traffic and keyword data, SEMrush offers consumers SEO data that includes relevant competition information. Backlink checker and competition analysis are two of SEMrush’s most popular features.
With the help of Yext, SEMrush has developed its listing management tool, which is now in beta testing.
It seems pretty simple to use, at least based on first impressions. The first step is to enter your information and locate your location. A list of your entries and their status on each directory website can be seen using this tool. SEMrush will take care of the rest, updating your listings immediately once you’ve made any required changes.
This new SEMrush functionality requires a SEMrush plan (starting at $99.95/month) and an additional $20 monthly fee for each additional location.
8 – BrightLocal
More than 62,000 agencies, enterprises, and freelancers rely on BrightLocal for analytics and reporting activities.
Bright Local’s best features include:
- A location dashboard customized to your needs for easy data monitoring.
- Manage and respond to your leads in one location using lead creation tools. Using the lead generating widget, your visitors may construct a customized, branded local search audit for their own company. Priority placement in the marketing agency directory is also accessible for marketing agencies. In addition to the BrightLocal seal of approval, this tool helps you get exposure to up to four nearby cities.
- Keep tabs on organic, regional, and mobile rankings.
- Perform a directory site scan and audit to see if any adjustments need to be made.
- Audits of Google My Business and NAPs;
- Notifications of fresh online review updates.
- Google Analytics dashboard and social analytics (Facebook and Twitter) connections.
- For agencies, a white label option is available.
A single company may be started for as little as $29 per month at the time of this writing.
9. In-Depth Guidance
Advice Local is on par with Yext’s listing management solution in terms of the number of directories it supports.
The information offered is confined to the essentials of NAP (name, address, phone number). But Advice Local’s benefit over Yext is that it allows you to personally build up local citations instead of using an API. But as a result, Advice Local takes longer to acquire over an 80% score for local directory submissions.
Advice Local, like Moz, is an all-in-one solution for local SEO (unlike Yext, which is more directory-focused).
Plan prices start at $15 per month at this writing.
(Too many already do this; don’t be one of them!) Basic Procedures
- Make a conscious decision to dismiss consumer complaints.
- Respond to client feedback in a timely and sporadic manner.
- Do not have a company-wide proactive approach for acquiring customer feedback and rely only on word-of-mouth.
Strategies That Require Continuous Management and Planning for Competitive Advantage
- Request that all consumers write a review (without incentives). Increasing your requests increases your supply. Automated systems such as Get Five Stars or an internal CRM system may help. In the end, everything comes down to a basic game of numbers: reviewing and acquiring.
- Grade. An easy-to-use application that produces a link to your Google profile, which you can include in your email request or even on your shop locator pages, is the Google Profile Link Generator.
If you’re unsure about improving your local SEO, concentrate on activities that provide value to your clients and address their issues.
Although this may seem like a no-brainer, the basic premise is important, and far too many people fail to apply it.
Consumers, in general, are sluggish and self-serving (like we all are).
Making things as simple as feasible is part of our work.
- Verify the correctness of the working hours.
- Verify the phone numbers.
- Make sure your citations are not just accurate but also consistent.
- As a first step, answer questions on Google.
- Listen to customer feedback and make adjustments to your product or service if necessary.
Customers care about is more likely to be supported, sought for, and referred to.